All volunteer spots have been filled. We are no longer accepting volunteer registrations. We look forward to seeing pre-registered volunteers on Aug. 2nd.
#HashtagLunchBag is a national movement dedicated to bringing together diverse groups of people in communities across the country to join in addressing hunger. #HashtagLunchBagGreenvilleSC is the grassroots effort address hunger throughout Greenville, SC and execute an act of kindness to those in need. Using social media and other marketing techniques to bring awareness, the Greenville Chamber’s role as convener is to inspire diverse populations to join in the endeavor to address hunger one person at a time.
Click here for sponsorship opportunities.
How We Make This Happen:
1. Recruit a group of volunteers to help facilitate the local movement pulling from diverse populations, as well as the business and non-profit sectors. This is where YOU come in. Register to volunteer now.
2. Collect monetary and in-kind donations for lunches and supplies from sponsors for the #HashtagLunchBagGreenvilleSC event. To donate email email@example.com.
3. Gather on August 2nd at 8am at the Greenville Chamber to assemble lunches and write an inspirational note of encouragement to include in the bag lunches.
4. Hit the streets visiting pre-identified areas in Greenville with a high number of homeless people or areas that are poverty-stricken, and find a person in need of a meal.
5. Watch people smile by your act of kindness and then share your experience across social media using:
Hagemeyer North America
AVI Food Systems
Foster Bail Bonding
Kroger Anderson Bakery
Scott and Company LLC
Greenville Heritage Federal Credit Union
Carolina Nephrology PA
Meyer Tool, Inc.