Civic and Social Organizations

Civic and Social Organizations
 
Greenville Area Parkinson Society
Laryn Weaver
40 John McCarroll Way
Greenville, SC 29607
Phone: 864-905-2574
Send Email
Map
Greenville Area Parkinson Society (GAPS) exists to educate, advocate, and support the Greenville Parkinson’s community. Our main objective is to walk alongside our members and their care partners as they navigate the uncertainties and challenges of this disease process. We offer vPeer Support Groups, Educational Seminars, Exercise Instruction, Newly Diagnosed Classes. To get involved or learn more about connecting with GAPS please email laryn@gapsonline.org
Member Since: 2013

See Also Non-Profit 501(c)(3)
Junior League of Greenville
Tina Hampton
118 Greenacre Rd
Greenville, SC 29607
Phone: 864-233-2663
Fax: 864-233-9092
Map
Member Since: 1970

See Also Non-Profit 501(c)(3)
Operation: Bear Hug!
Dee Kivett
15 W Cranberry Ln
Greenville, SC 29615
Phone: 864-320-3470
Map

110% Chamber Member 2014
Our mission is to support the brave efforts of our local police and emergency responders by equipping them with stuffed animals to give to the children they encounter in trauma situations.

We also provide gently loved stuffed animals to the Greenville Hospital System, Shriners Hospital, Pendleton Place, Center for Developmental Services, Rape Crisis and Abuse Center, Miracle Hill, A Child's Haven, Generations Group Home and many other groups that help comfort children in need. The stuffed animals will provide comfort and build trust with the kids during a stressful event.

Your donations and inquiries are greatly appreciated.

Member Since: 2007

See Also Non-Profit 501(c)(3)
Rotary Club Of Greenville
Teresa Miller
728 North Pleasantburg Dr
Greenville, SC 29607
Phone: 864-235-2293
Send Email
Map
New Member
Member Since: 2020

The Salvation Army
Major Andrew Kelly
501 Rutherford St
Greenville, SC 29609
Phone: 864-235-4803
Fax: 864-233-7114
Map

110% Chamber Member 2014
110% Chamber Member 2015
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Member Since: 2005

See Also Non-Profit 501(c)(3)
SC Mountains to Midlands Affiliate of Susan G. Komen
Deb Osborne
82 Orchard Park Dr
Greenville, SC 29615
Phone: 864-234-5035
Send Email
Map

110% Chamber Member 2014
Our vision is a world without breast cancer. Our promise is to end breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality care for all, and energizing science to find the cures. The SC Mountains to Midlands affiliate of Susan G. Komen is your local agency in the fight against breast cancer. Seventy-five percent (75 %) of all funds generated by us stays in our 22-county service area to fund vital breast cancer education, screening, diagnostic, and support programs. The remaining 25 percent of income goes to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure® Research Grant Program supporting ground-breaking research, educational and scientific programs in our South Carolina community and around the world. To date, we have invested 4.7 million dollars in our local community.
Member Since: 2012

See Also Non-Profit 501(c)(3)
Upstate Fatherhood Coalition
Kelly Walker
730 S Pleasantburg Dr, Ste 205
Greenville, SC 29607-1841
Phone: 864-241-4464
Fax: 864-241-4442
Map

110% Chamber Member 2014
110% Chamber Member 2015
To increase father’s involvement in the lives of their children by assisting with employment, peer support, child support, education and developing relationship building skills between fathers and families.
Member Since: 2004

See Also Non-Profit 501(c)(3)